Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bacon Doesn't Rhyme with Ham

I can cook a total of one, two, three—maybe four things without a recipe. Ordering out, stopping at some fast-crap-food restaurant, this is just what I do. I am too busy to eat anything remotely resembling a proper meal. Carbs and grease and fat, MSG, food ingredients that require a chemistry degree to pronounce—this—is how I have eaten and lived for years. This, is slowly turning my arteries into stringy cheese. That sharp pain you feel? that’s your heart struggling push gelatinous clots of fat through your left ventricle.

This is my future in waiting. Or it would be if i hadn't decided to change everything. And so now I have to know what kale is. It's not lemon peel or rind, it's lemon zest! flambe, saucier, sorbet--those words all rhyme! Bacon doesn't rhyme with grease or fry! I'm learning and in the end that's the most important thing.

Incase you are wondering, that exclamation point after zest! is required. If the word zest! is used while walking a small skip or hop is preferred. A dancing twirl is optional.

1 comment:

  1. When we go for a walk later, I'll ask you to make a sentence with the word zest! in it - just to see the optional twirl..

    ReplyDelete