10 days now since my last cigarette. I have been trying to quit for the last 6 months. False starts and stumbles, backfires and apathy. I quit for two days. Three days here, 2 days there. Never quite pulling it off. However there is an awareness now, I can anticipate the want of nicotine long before it ever happens. I know the times and situations that cause craving: that first cup of coffee, after lunch, later in the afternoon. At any of these times, often before them, I would preempt them by going outside for some fresh air, or i would eat a snack (eating much like smoking causes dopamine release. More on this later.) to fix that . This awareness has provided the clarity and control. Which extending to my other health problem, diet and food, is where keeping a food log becomes important. Much like a budget we need to keep an eye on how much we are spending (eating or exercising) to keep things from getting out of hand.
Speaking of budgets: Cigarettes are expensive, I've already saved $40.
No comments:
Post a Comment