Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

this little piggy went to market

And I should have left the other little piggy at home.

I know shopping is Jorge's least favourite activity (perhaps after skyping with me to my family in Australia) and yet I decided to drag him to the Farmer's Market today.

It started well.

We got there, I walked through the stalls and figured out what we needed, what was a good price, and proceeded to purchase. He even carried the fresh veggies for me. Once we'd finished we decided to head to the Superstore for some other groceries. This is perhaps where we went wrong.

The Superstore was packed like normal and I hadn't been prepared and made a list. Neither of us had a dollar for the grocery carts so we decided to just grab a basket and carry it. We weren't getting much after all. However I kept remembering things we needed, essentials like toothpaste and so on and eventually it was all starting to get a bit heavy and bulky. We also had to wait in line at the cash register for about 20 minutes.

So after the bus trips (we don't own a car) and the hot sun, and the walking around a supermarket for a lot longer than originally planned, well, Jorge and I weren't really on good terms.

Our bus trip home involved the following conversation:
Me: I don't like you very much right now.
Jorge: Me either.
Me: Then at least we are in agreement - we don't like you very much right now.

I'm not a funny person. But it actually made us chuckle again and as we got home, unloaded the produce and relaxed into our Sunday afternoon, I realised that I should not try to make him do things he doesn't like. Shopping for instance.

But someone has to carry the groceries...

No comments:

Post a Comment