Why did I get up early when I don't start work until 1 today? Well, I'm a chipper, chatty (he might say obnoxious) morning person and surely my very presence would help to invigorate Mr Grumpy-bum pre his morning caffeine hit. I think I enjoy that a little too much.
I've always been a morning person though. I'm not always productive but I'm alert, and I enjoy the solitude while everyone else is asleep. I wake and I'm hungry so will eat, make lunches, bake some muffins, maybe do some laundry, and think about my day. This morning I was thinking about the whole upcoming week.
This week, our first official Moonlu Experiment week, we have some achievable goals. Every day we are:
- taking packed lunches to work
- getting Jorge to eat breakfast (hence the muffins I baked this morning - I'm not always a domestic goddess)
- drinking 8 glasses of water
- walking for 30 mins
- keeping a Food Log
- planning our dinner menu's in advance
It all takes a fair amount of planning. In fact, time management is likely to be our biggest challenge. So if we can turn them into habits instead of scheduled activities, we'll be on our way. Apparently it takes 21 days to form a new habit so we'll see where we are in 3 weeks. I want it to be gradual - not because I think we're lazy, but if it's too complex, we'll lose interest.
The fact is we are lazy. And that's just one of the changes to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment