Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

how do i do this again?

I'm new to blogging. I've never read them before and certainly never written one. And until Jorge and I decided to document our healthy lifestyle transition, I'd not really put any thought in to it. I never considered what the motivation to do so could be. A whole world lay unopened, yet it was right there within fingertip reach.

I was first introduced to blogs when I watched Julie and Julia earlier this year. I'm not sure if that's when Moonlu was subconsciously conceived in my brain but several months later - here we are.

To me it seems more real and honest than anything I've ever seen on 'reality tv'. We don't have a television and it's truly not something I miss. I grew up with tv dinners - generally quick cooked meals, not always tasty or nutritious, that my time-poor Mum and Dad threw together after work to have us fed at a respectable hour. When my brothers and I cooked, our choices were what you'd expect - never a balanced meal. I think the height of our culinary experiments as teens would have been burritos with fresh salads (and loads of guacamole and sour cream...yumm). And it was always, always eaten in front of the television. I have watched so much crap television while eating my dinners as a kid that I can't really recall ever talking and sharing with my immediate family over a home cooked meal. I can quote entire Simpson's episodes however. How sad.

So reading about other people and their daily lives has opened up a new form of entertainment. There are so many great blogs to choose from that narrowing down and limiting myself to just a handful a day seems in order. Jorge will have to show me how to set up the links so he and anyone reading this (is anyone there?) can see who inspire me. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment